Building source code for PX4 not working

I am trying to build the PX4 source code on my computer. I am trying to do the first build using jMaxSim, and I get the following strings of error:

WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by javax.media.j3d.JoglPipeline (rsrc:j3dcore.jar) to method sun.awt.AppContext.getAppContext()
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of javax.media.j3d.JoglPipeline
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release
Inconsistency detected by ld.so: dl-lookup.c: 112: check_match: Assertion `version->filename == NULL || ! _dl_name_match_p (version->filename, map)’ failed!

Could anybody please help me figure this out? Thanks so much!

Seems that a version of something isn’t installed. What version of Python and PIP do you have installed?

You can figure that out in terminal by typing the following commands.

python --version
pip --version

I’ve also written a guide on how to get everything up and running, maybe it’ll help you out. You can find it here

Hi,

Thanks so much for your guide! I’m no longer getting the initial error, but another one as popped up. As for my python and pip versions, I have Python 2.7.6 and pip 19.2.3 installed. The error I’m getting now is below.

Exception in thread “main” java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.jarinjarloader.JarRsrcLoader.main(JarRsrcLoader.java:61)
Caused by: java.awt.AWTError: Assistive Technology not found: org.GNOME.Accessibility.AtkWrapper
at java.awt.Toolkit.loadAssistiveTechnologies(Toolkit.java:807)
at java.awt.Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit(Toolkit.java:886)
at java.awt.Window.getToolkit(Window.java:1358)
at java.awt.Window.init(Window.java:506)
at java.awt.Window.(Window.java:537)
at java.awt.Frame.(Frame.java:420)
at java.awt.Frame.(Frame.java:385)
at javax.swing.JFrame.(JFrame.java:189)
at me.drton.jmavsim.Visualizer3D.(Visualizer3D.java:107)
at me.drton.jmavsim.Simulator.(Simulator.java:185)
at me.drton.jmavsim.Simulator.main(Simulator.java:930)
… 5 more

You need Python 3.6+.

I’ve put together a getting started guide. Hopefully this link helps.
Sorry for not getting back to you sooner.