Build error on the PX4 Docker Containers

Hi All ,
I am try to build “px4fmu-v4_default” on the px4 docker on the window 10.I did the following steps,
1)git clone https://github.com/PX4/Firmware.git
cd Firmware
2)git submodule update --init --recursive

docker run -it --privileged
-v <local_src>:<container_src>:rw
-v /tmp/.X11-unix:/tmp/.X11-unix:ro
-e DISPLAY=:0
–name=container_name px4io/px4-dev-simulation /bin/bash
then $cd container_src
then container_src$make px4fmu-v4_default
I got the following error ,
– Build files have been written to: /container_src/build_px4fmu-v4_default
[42/675] Configuring NuttX for px4fmu-v4 with nsh
FAILED: cd /container_src/build_px4fmu-v4_default && /bin/cp -rp /container_src/nuttx-configs/*.mk /container_src/build_px4fmu-v4_default/px4fmu-v4/NuttX/nuttx/ && /bin/cp -rp /con
tainer_src/nuttx-configs/px4fmu-v4 /container_src/build_px4fmu-v4_default/px4fmu-v4/NuttX/nuttx/configs && cd /container_src/build_px4fmu-v4_default/px4fmu-v4/NuttX/nuttx/tools &&
sh configure.sh px4fmu-v4/nsh && cmake -E touch /container_src/build_px4fmu-v4_default/px4fmu-v4/nuttx_configure.stamp
" does not existainer_src/build_px4fmu-v4_default/px4fmu-v4/NuttX/nuttx/tools/…/…/apps
ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.
Makefile:161: recipe for target ‘px4fmu-v4_default’ failed
make: *** [px4fmu-v4_default] Error 1

Please advice me, I already spend the whole day.
With regards,
Kyaw Khaing

You cloned in windows, then built within docker?

I’m not sure what’s wrong, but please try a couple things and post the output.

Within docker try make distclean and build again.

If that doesn’t work do the clone within docker and then try building.

Hi Dagar,
Thanks for your reply , yes , I clone on window of the docker share drive and then I use the command
-v local_srs:docker_src:rw to map src folder and run on the docker as per px4 docker example.Because I want to do code changes on window.I will try as per your advice , I will update you.By the way can I upload firmware direct to FC from docker.

With regards,
Kyaw Khaing

I’m not sure if it’s possible to pass a serial device through windows to docker. If you’re available we could try and work through it. I’ve only used the PX4 docker images from Ubuntu.