Motor armed before pushing safety switch and not arming after safety sw on

Hi all,

I cloned px4 firmware from GitHub - PX4/PX4-Autopilot: PX4 Autopilot Software and build successfully through following commands.
Here is the steps I followed.

git clone GitHub - PX4/PX4-Autopilot: PX4 Autopilot Software ./myPX4
cd myPX4/
git submodule init
git submodule update
git submodule update --init --recursive --force
make px4fmu-v2_default
make px4fmu-v2_default upload

build and upload was successful and calibrated all the parameters per QGC instruction.

However motors not spin when arming sound is heard from the pixhawk.
Symptoms are as described in the following video I uploaded.

I don’t understand what is causing pixhawk initiate main output pwm even before pressing the safety switch and disengage the output after the switch pressed.
Or is there anything missing in what I followed?

Thanks,

Kyu

Hello, I met the same problem. I also cannt arm with the User’s Guide said “To arm the drone, put the throttle stick in the bottom right corner”. And now I have to arm by QGC but this is very trouble. Have you found the solution?

Thank you ! My drone is VTOL TBS.

1 Like

Hi. I still could not find the solution yet.
So far, stable version of px4 is working as expected. Looks like the latest version has potential problem with arming procedure.
I just decided to go with the stable version instead.
Good day.

Kyu

1 Like

Yeah, Thank you

I found the way to arm by RC yesterday accidentally, That’s put the throttle stick in the bottom, and the pitch stick in the bottom right corner. It do with my pixhawk, you can have a try.

And I don’t understand what dose the “the stable version” mean, I upload the firmware directly by QGC. Do you mean this link?(https://github.com/PX4/Firmware/releases) Or is there any other web link tell how to do it ?

Nice weekend!

yun