Unexpected Minimum IAS Command

Dear all,

While flying in fixed-wing mode, the FW_AIRSPD_MIN was commanded (26→19 m/s). This caused stall.

As far as I know, the parameter FW_AIRSPD_TRIM, 26 m/s in my case, defines the target airspeed during horizontal flight. At my previous ~90 flights, I did not see such behavior (IAS command was not varying).

The flight log is here (Ignore the middle region. Another autopilot is active at that region)

Of course as a corrective action, I’ll increase FW_AIRSPD_MIN, but I want to know what made the autopilot reduce the target airspeed to minimum?

but I want to know what made the autopilot reduce the target airspeed to minimum?

It commanded min airspeed since TECS detected “BAD_DESCENT” which is triggered when the vehicle can’t track the target airspeed even with maximum allowed throttle

@CarlOlsson thanks for your reply!

Is there any message available at the log regarding to this?

Right before the Min IAS was commanded, throtthe is not the maxium allowed which is 100%. Moreover, the airspeed is not lower than the target but higher.

Yes, in tecs_status.mode
https://github.com/wingtra/pacflyer_PX4/blob/3bb29f0841a2d16bd2a41cc8e3c399ce8906662c/PX4/msg/tecs_status.msg#L4-L11

Right before the Min IAS was commanded, throttle is not the maximum allowed which is 100%. Moreover, the airspeed is not lower than the target but higher.

Yes, sry I just meant that it is designed to handle that case, however it is triggered when throttle is 90% of max and when the specific total energy error is above 200

1 Like