Timesync topic is not published when mavlink is connected

I have an issue that for some reason the timesync RTPS topic is not starting with the microRTPS client. (When I do the same with simulation, it does start).
I am trying to find out where and when this topic should be started, but no luck so far.
I also cannot find anything about this in de documentation sadly.
I see that if I stop all mavlink with mavlink stop-all before connecting the rtps bridge, the timesync does get published.
Why can this be the case? And is there a way to make sure that this is not necessary, because I would prefer to still be using QGroundControl while controlling the drone from an offboard computer.

1 Like

That’s because if you search the px4 repository for ORB_ID(timesync_status) you’ll see the only publisher of that topic comes from mavlink_timesync.h. I’m also interested in how the timesync and timesync_status topics works, however it appears the rtps and mavlink modules handle those topics before more data is passed internally to px4.

Edit:
It appears there’s some explanation on how it works in this issue:

Also if you search the uorb graph, you’ll see no references of any modules using the timesync or timesync_status topics: uORB Publication/Subscription Graph | PX4 User Guide

Helo! I have the same issue. Did you solve the problem?

Well no, for now I am just stopping mavlink with mavlink stop-all to make it work and thats it.