Technology Innovation Institute (TII): Looking for Senior UAV Engineer for a full time position, on site (Abu Dhabi)
TII is a publicly funded research institute, based in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. It is home to a diverse community of leading scientists, engineers, mathematicians, and researchers from across the globe, transforming problems and roadblocks into pioneering research and technology prototypes that help move society ahead.
- Develop, maintain and extend the team’s software stack (control, perception, navigation, etc.) for autonomous UAV missions (multi-rotor drones & fixed-wings)
- Integrate sensors and systems (both hardware and software) on different robotic platforms
- Collaborate with other research groups to support them on prototyping and integration tasks
- Write efficient and maintainable code
- Masters or PhD in Robotics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related field
- 4+ year of working experience
- Strong experience in C++ and/or Python
- Good experience with ROS/ROS2 framework and Gazebo/Rviz simulation
- Applied knowledge of using flight controllers, PX4 / ardupilot firmware, mission planner, QGC, etc.
- Good knowledge of at least 1 of the following: Filtering techniques and state estimation (EKF, UKF,
Particle filtering, etc.), navigation, control systems, guidance, SLAM, motion planning, perception
- Contributions to open-source projects is a plus
- 3D modelling (Solidworks, Catia, etc.) and 3D printing skills is a plus
- Agile tools: Git, Jira, Slack
- Fast learner
- Self-starter and showing initiative
- Must be a strong team player with succeeding as a team mentality
- Excellent communication (clear and effective) and stakeholder engagement skills
If you are interested in the job opening or have any questions about the position or our company, please feel free to contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. I would be happy to provide you with more information and answer any questions you may have.