Request assistance: Receive sniffing files

Hi Guys,
I am completely new to the UAV world, and decided to focus on the MAVLink protocol, for research and security reasons (I am conducting academic research on protocol security and vulnerability identification)

For this purpose, I would be happy if you could share with me sniffing files between your UAV and GCS (both state messages and command messages) so that I can learn from them about the traffic of the protocol

I tried to find around the net but have not yet found.
I would be very happy for your help!

Well!? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Hi @Anton14, my guessing is that few people will be willing to share their log files just as is, mainly thinking on privacy concerns and also due to the fact that you have not even introduced yourself properly, with more details about you: “I am conducting academic research” ok, so you may have named your academic institution, address, contact details, etc.

Anyway, I’d suggest you could start using PX4 Simulation, mainly Software In the Loop (SITL) simulation as a good starting point to capture MAVLink protocol traffic which you could analyze at will.

Regards.

I thank you sir for the answer, and I accept the explanation as to the privacy of the people.
However, this seems very puzzling to me, since I did not ask for tens of thousands of files in the amount of GB’s, it is one or two files, in order to understand what the serialization of the protocol looks like.

I can only give an analogy to the request, if someone had asked me to send him a pcap file of the sniffing by Wireshark, I would have done so happily, and without any fear of revealing privacy by browsing public sites.
But thanks anyway, I’ll look for sample files elsewhere.

Hi i’m working on the same project.
I have an APM and i’m struggling on how to sniff the mavlink message or controlling the drone via WIFI

We can share ideas and progression if you want.

This is my email:
mahdi.bouzidi47@outlook.com