PX4/JMAVSIM Build error (return value 512)

Hi,

I am trying to run JMAVSIM on Windows 10. It worked for me before and then something happened when I tried to run it again. I uninstalled and reinstalled the PX4 Toolchain and have tried to run it again and keep getting this error. I have look at some stuff that it has something to do with bash, dash, but I don’t understand the lingo I’m pretty new to this. Here is the run error:

$ make px4_sitl jmavsim
[0/1] cd /cygdrive/c/PX4/home/Firmware/build/px4_sitl_defa…mware /cygdrive/c/PX4/home/Firmware/build/px4_sitl_default
SITL ARGS
sitl_bin: /cygdrive/c/PX4/home/Firmware/build/px4_sitl_default/bin/px4.exe
debugger: none
program: jmavsim
model: none
world: none
src_path: /cygdrive/c/PX4/home/Firmware
build_path: /cygdrive/c/PX4/home/Firmware/build/px4_sitl_default
empty model, setting iris as default
SITL COMMAND: “/cygdrive/c/PX4/home/Firmware/build/px4_sitl_default/bin/px4.exe” “/cygdrive/c/PX4/home/Firmware/build/px4_sitl_default”/etc -s etc/init.d-posix/rcS -t “/cygdrive/c/PX4/home/Firmware”/test_data
INFO [px4] Creating symlink /cygdrive/c/PX4/home/Firmware/build/px4_sitl_default/etc → /cygdrive/c/PX4/home/Firmware/build/px4_sitl_default/tmp/rootfs/etc

| ___ \ \ \ / / / |
| | / / \ V / / /| |
| __/ / \ / /
| |
| | / /^\ \ ___ |
| / / |/

px4 starting.

INFO [px4] Calling startup script: /bin/sh etc/init.d-posix/rcS 0
/cygdrive/c/PX4/home/Firmware/build/px4_sitl_default/bin/px4-alias.sh: line 42: `source’: is a special builtin
ERROR [px4] Startup script returned with return value: 512

Hi @krystek ,
This is a regression that was introduced recently and will be fixed soon, see https://github.com/PX4/Firmware/issues/15795

1 Like