June 24, 2020
- Component update
- Community Q&A
- Any in-depth talks
Meeting ID: 946 175 205
Join using your mobile/desktop
Call in using your phone, find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/aetSYKbiMF
OS / NuttX
@david_s5 NuttX upgrade. What is blocking it and who can help…
- There’s problems with the shell script checker because scripts had to switch invoking other scripts to
- SD card test is still necessary to do. The CI runs the test on hardware but cheap SD cards fail quickly and it tolerates them failing.
Only smaller fixes
Similar low battery prs with conflicts:
Auto-generate the earth magnetic field lookup tables:
GPS yaw fusion improvements such that it correctly falls back to other heading sources when the GPS heading fails.
VTOL / Fixed Wing
- Python release will be coming soon.
MAVROS / RTPS / ROS2
@JulianOes was running through the tests before and optical flow mock was failing so he disabled it. We need a sane way to make sure the tests are reliable. Save the ulogs when CI fails, under certain circumstances it’s already uploaded. Labeling of the uploaded logs needs to be improved such that they are easy to find. We mostly migrated from Jenkins to GitHub actions. Jenkins is left to do the hardware tests and some cron jobs to update branches.
Multiple Gazebo servers would hang because of wrong PIDs being used.
Lift drag model got improved.
Signal quality for simulated range sensor.
@dagar is bringing UAVCAN v1 into a form such that we can move forward and start using it. Messaging needs to be in a prestructured way such that you don’t have to configure it all manually. It will be side-by-side with the old UAVCAN until there’s big traction with v1.
- Main blocking issue is the land detector false positive. Please test on your vehicle if land detection still detects the landing. It is more restrictive so if it fails it doesn’t detect it.
- Auto mag rotation. Please review and test!
@Vincentpoont2 Holybro would like to know if bootloader file for FMUv5x is available, it is currently not in the https://github.com/PX4/Bootloader Makefile as a target. Would like a timetable if there is one.
@dagar The binary will be shared quickly and the target should be available in the bootloader repo and we’ll have a look.
New board by Holybro manufacturer supported: http://www.holybro.com/product/pix32-v5/ Pr is pending, board is available.
A lot of sign-ups already, spread the news further: https://px4.io/virtual-2020/
Schedule will be
- Commander ideas @jkflying
Had a discussion with @JulianOes about how the state machine should work.
- The first point was arming. Now we have an independent arming state. The value of that is not clear. Why should disarmed not be a state?
- More complex general idea: Instead of defining every possible transition in a combinatorial exposition what about having constraints and a solver. E.g.
Errata and Feedback
Let me know below if I failed to capture anything the right way, and if there are any updates, or you have feedback on the call format.