I’m having trouble getting mocap data into the pixhawk over uORB, below are the details of my setup:
- Pixhawk 4
- Mocap streaming over vrpn
- Ros node retrieving Mocap data on vrpn topic and publishing it over uORB to vehicle_visual_odometry
- EKF2_AID_MASK is set to 24
- EKF2_HGT_MODE is set to vision
Unfortunately the forums will not let me upload the code directly, so here is a link to my slack post with the publisher code I am using included. https://px4.slack.com/archives/C0W2KUFFT/p1625002737198300
- Downloaded the pixhawk firmware at GitHub - PX4/PX4-Autopilot: PX4 Autopilot Software
- Get the PX4 docker
docker pull px4io/px4-dev-nuttx
- Edit rtps_message_ids.yaml (attached to slack message)
- make px4_fmu-v5/agent and client
- Flash pixhawk 4 with built firmware
- begin mocap stream over vrpn
- use fastrtpsgen to create an example vehicle_visual_odometry project, edit it to subscribe to data coming from the mocap stream and publish over uORB to the drone (publisher code attached)
- run the micrortps_client and agent
- run my publisher
- verify mocap data is published on /vrpn_client_node/drone/pose (it is)
I also have a local position subscriber that succesfully gets the local position estimate from the drone over uORB, so I know communication does work.
Thank you in advance for any help! Let me know if anything was unclear or if more information is required.
I would prefer not to post logs publicly as they contain information data, however the logs show that no mocap data is coming in at all over the vehicle_vision_odometry topic.