[Java - Android studio] How to decode Mavlink packets

Hi,

I’m currently developing an app in android studio to install in a herelink controller (which is connected to an orange cube pilot).

I’m trying to get all of the data from the cube pilot and store it in my app and visualise the data. I have managed to open a udp port (14552) which is listening to the mavlink packets and storing them. However, these messages are obviously not decoded. I have attempted to decoding them but so far I can only really decode it to hexdecimal.

Does anyone know if there is any application I can use to decode the messages using java in android studio? or if someone can give me an understanding of how to do this then I can try to write my own code for it.

I’ve seen a few applications but theyre either in a different programming language or are way too complex for what i need.

By the way, I don’t care about sending messages or commands i just want to decode the messages im currently getting to a readable format.

basically decoding using java i havent tried but thing is its the decoding in any language uses same methodology. if you can integrate python code with your java application i could help with the code… but if you want to do in java itself you need to use the mavlink library which consist of xml file that are required to decode the mavlink messages. you can generate the mavlink library using the mavlink generator and sample codes can be used for codes to use the library in java.