Errors about "Too many open files"?

Hi,all!
I use my OSX(10.14.1) to build the code(v1.8.0).Everything is fine until I installed gcc@5 with “$ brew install gcc@5”.The building encounters errors.The problem still exits even after that I removed the gcc@5.Is the issue related to the gcc?How to fix the it?Thank you!
Here is the input and out put:
$ make px4_fmu-v3_default
ninja: Entering directory `/Users/kevin/Firmware/build/px4_fmu-v3_default’
[0/1] Re-running CMake…

[498/500] Linking CXX executable px4_fmu-v3_default.elf
FAILED: px4_fmu-v3_default.elf
: && /usr/local/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++ -mcpu=cortex-m4 -mthumb -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -Os -DNDEBUG --specs=nosys.specs platforms/nuttx/CMakeFiles/px4.dir///src/platforms/empty.c.obj -o px4_fmu-v3_default.elf -L/Users/kevin/Firmware/build/px4_fmu-v3_default/external/Install/lib -nodefaultlibs -nostdlib -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -Wl,–script=/Users/kevin/Firmware/build/px4_fmu-v3_default/NuttX/nuttx/configs/px4_fmu-v3/…

usr/local/Cellar/gcc-arm-none-eabi/20171218/bin/…/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/7.2.1/…/…/…/…/arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: cannot find src/lib/parameters/tinybson/libtinybson.a: Too many open files
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.
make: *** [px4_fmu-v3_default] Error 1

You don’t have encfs like this one? https://stackoverflow.com/questions/26435521/unexpected-errno-24-too-many-open-files-from-ld-linker

You need to run this script in order to set the file limit:

2 Likes