Detected 0 radio channels. To operate PX4, you need at least 5 channels

Thank you for sharing your knowledge.

I was using Futaba T14SG Remote controller an R7008SB receiver. When I use the QGC to flash the PX4 1.10.1 Stable Release. Everything is OK. However, when I upload my customized firmware, which I only make change on Firmware/ROMFS/px4fmu_common/mixers/blade130.main.mix, I cannot get the RC signals. I got the same reminder when I tried to calibrate my radio. I just want to know how to solve this problem.

Hi @Voldemot which flight simulator do you use?
The problem may be because of wrong soldering or incorrect connection of the sbus pins.

What safety switch are you refering to? Where is it located?.

Hello,
Sorry for my English.

I am new to the Pixhawk world. I also have the same problem now.

I use QGC on Android, Windows and Linux. The first time I installed firmware (pixhawk1 with my Linux version) everything was fine. After a little too much test, I decided to reinstall the same firmware. This is where my problems with “Detected 0 radio channels” or my screen flickering problem on the RC Calibration setup page started on all versions of QGC.

I replaced my SD card and tried all the operations listed above on this site with different firmware (pixhawk1, pixhawk1-M1 and FMU_V3) and still the same results. The only way I have managed to get around the problem is to install and configure my Pixhawk with Mission Planner on Windows. Currently, I can fly my drone with QGC on Android.

If anyone has a solution ???

Equipment :

Pixhawk (Aliexpress)

RC Futaba T8J

Futaba R2008SB Receiver

Thank you

Hello to all,
I have an old PixFalcon Micro PX4 Autopilot (https://hobbyking.com/en_us/pixfalcon-micro-px4-autopilot-plus-micro-m8n-gps-and-mega-pbd-power-module.html?___store=en_us) (https://docs.px4.io/master/en/flight_controller/pixfalcon.html), and after years of inactivity I’m returning
in the world of drones.
I get to the point and updating the board to the latest firmware version with QGroundControl for PC I find myself with the problem in the subject of this post.
My receiver is a Turnigy 9X and the receiver is a FrSky V8FR-II and both are paired.
The tests I performed are:

• I followed Pablo’s procedure at the head of the post;
  • I tried old versions of QGroudControl and Firmware PX4 until December 2016 (the year I bought the flight board);
  • I redid the procedure to pair transmitter and receiver
  • I also tried with Mission Planner and pixhawk firmware;

In all these tests the error is always the same or the RC signal is flat.

I no longer know what other tests to perform.
Does anyone have the same configuration as me and had the same problem?
Could you tell me a possible solution?
Can anyone indicate other possible tests to be carried out?
Thanks in advance and sorry for my English but I’m Italian.

M.

Is the RX outputting an SBUS signal?
It looks like that RX does not use SBUS.
That message usually means no SBUS signal.

Hi @jimdgit ,
yes after further research I think the problem is the RX not S.BUS.
I have already ordered an RX with S.BUS and hope to be able to test it soon. Thanks!

M.

Hi guys,
for anyone who has a similar issue, be sure to first check if it is from your transceiver (RC).

My issue is I previously upgraded the firmware of flysky FS-i6 which is now supporting 10 channels instead of 6. However, after that I encountered this 0-channel detection problem. I first tried the suggestion that holds the safety switch and flashes the firmware of pixhawk, but no help. I later surprisingly found the “PPM output” of my RC is set to “off”. After setting it back to “ON”, problem solved!

Hi @ghostSAS I am having the same problem that you encountered. How did you set back to “ON” the PPM out put of your RC ?

I am using a FS-i6 for the transmitter and FS-iA6 for the receiver and the PX4 mini for the flight controller. What is it that you call a transceiver ?

Hi @leo
on FS-i6 you can do the following to find the settings for “PPM output”

1. long press OK to go the settings page
  2. go to “SYSTEM” page
  3. use DOWN button to go to “RX setup” page
  4. you will see “PPM output” option, then set it to ON.

Hope it will help you.

1 Like

Hello,my device is Holybro Durandal. And I have the same problem " Detected 0 radio channels. To operate PX4, you need at least 5 channels", but I don’t find the safety switch, and there isn’t a safety switch port. Then I test this method but failed. Is there any other solution?Sorry, my English is not good. Thank you very much!

Good day, check the wiring to your receiver.
Safety switch it’s on holybro gps module

Hello!
I’m new to the drone world and I have the same problem as all the people above when I want to program my drone.
I have a taranis x9d plus 2019, a R XSR receiver and a pix32.
I plug my receiver on the pines at the far left so in the Rc-in pines (S + and -).
I plus by usb my pix32 to my computer, i upload the firmware in QGroundcontrol, i already calibrated the sensors. I bind my receiver to my taranis : the light is green.
And the problem appears, when i want to calibrate my radio, i receive the message “Detected 0 radio channels … 5 channels”.
I tried some of the solutions above but none of them worked.
In my taranis, i calibrated the different channels with Yaw, throttles… I bind an inter to arm and disarm but i’m not sure it’s calibrated in the right way, may be the issue come to that, i don’t konw…
Is it a problem of connection ? May be, i didn’t put my receiver in the right place ? Is it something else ? I don’t find the solution so if someone can help me i’ll be very thankful to him.
Thanks in advance for your answer

(sorry for my english, i’m french and everyone knows that the French are far from being the best in English)