Custom message using Mavlink-router

Hi all,

I have created a custom mavlink message which is already successfully sent and received to QGC. However, I want to send the same message to a offboard device, but I am struggling to get this to work.

• I have already tested the sending and receiving of the message using hardware to the ground station.

• Currently, I am only testing the sending and receiving of the message to the offboard device using SITL.

I am using mavlink-router to route the UDP mavlink stream from Gazebo to the example program heartbeat-print.py. I can successfully see the heartbeat from the python program, but if I change the message name of HEARTBEAT to VALVE in the following line:
m = mav.recv_match(type='HEARTBEAT', blocking=True) I am unable to see the message being received. VALVE is the name of the message, and I am able to see the message being sent using MavLink Inspector in QGC.

In /ROMFS/px4fmu_common/init.d-posix/rcS I have added the following:
mavlink stream -r 1 -s VALVE -u $udp_gcs_port_local underneath the QGC link
and
mavlink stream -r 1 -s VALVE -u $udp_offboard_port_local underneath the API/offboard link to ensure that the message is being sent.

I have also built mavlink-router by ensuring the common.xml file contains my custom message.

Please advise me, if there is something which I am missing or can attempt to try.

1 Like

Hi, @hhenryy
Did you solve the problem?