Change QGC Default Settings

I would like to change the default map provider from Bing to Google.

I know this can be changed in Application Settings → General. However, I was wondering what the proper approach would be to change the default parameter so it always boots into my settings.

Following this: QGroundControl UI customization - #6 by chodjo , I see that:

• the mapProvider value is used by src/FlightMap/FlightMap.qml
  • it is constructed or set in src/Settings/FlightMapSettings.cc
  • it is defined in src/ui/preferences/GeneralSettings.qml : property string _mapProvider: QGroundControl.settingsManager.flightMapSettings.mapProvider.value
  • the default value is provided by src/Settings/FlightMap.SettingsGroup.json (this is what I need to change?)

Therefore, I can just change the json value for mapProvider in FlightMap.SettingsGroup.json and when I reboot QGC (either with clear settings arg or deleting the existing .ini file found in ~/…/.config/QGroundControl.org/QGC Daily.ini") it will default to Google? Is this the proper way to do this?

I’m not sure how to follow the “custom build example” way on the docs to make this change.

where you able to change it?

If I’m not mistaken, there is a JSON file that defines the order and which one to start.

Or where there is QGCComboBox you can set it to always start with the type of map you prefer.