Sending direct motor command to px4 multicopter model

Is it possible to send direct thrust and/or rotation speed command to each of the motors in a multicopter model that px4 has as its default by using MAVROS? So far as I can see I can only send xyz command that is a reference to the whole frame instead of being able to just send a command to each of the motor in model.

1 Like

if you mean for testing the individual motors, you can do that with the “pwm test -c 1 -p 1000” command from the NuttX shell. How to access NuttX shell from MAVROS I don’t know, but if MAVROS supports the MAVLINK_SERIAL_CONTROL messages then it should be able to do it. I use this to find minimum throttle and to also test that my motors are spinning in the right direction… see https://pixhawk.org/firmware/apps/pwm

Thank you for the suggestion, it is very helpful

How does the px4 application send the pwm commands? I want to see how it is being implemented on the px4 application, more specifically on the multicopter application

Hi

Is it possible to send direct thrust and/or rotation speed command to each of the motors in a multicopter model that px4 has as its default by using MAVROS?

So the answer is yes? I also want to control the drone by sending the PWM directly to the PX4.

Hey,

Did someone figure out how to send PWM directly to the PX4 through mavros ?