WiFi Bridge Summary Panel no-show with ESP32 vs ESP8266?

Thanks in advance to anyone for your assistance here. I have a rover project that requires the use of an ESP for a DroneBridge application. A few weeks ago I was able to get everything going pretty quickly (thanks for the great documentation!) when using the ESP8266. Most importantly for relevance sake - the WiFi Bridge Summary Panel shows up which makes my developers feel good about the connectivity state through QGC.
We recently have shifted to an ESP32 due to some added capabilities that we wanted to use for testing, but while this was also very easy to get going (again, thank you for the great documentation!), the Summary Panel now lacks the WiFi Bridge section. I haven’t been able to find any other topics on the matter, so I’m just not sure if this is a feature that has not been requested / implemented before, or if it is something I have not configured properly whether by nomenclature or something else. Just to add clarity, functionality is there and I am not having any issues controlling the rover… it’s just that this UI element is missing which makes me wonder if there is a potential failure mode that could surface.

Hi! I am a bit late regarding the reply but I just saw your post and I was going to implement that in the upcoming release.
As of DroneBridge for ESP32 release v1.5 there is no support for such feature. In fact the implementation is 100% transparent and does not even understand MAVLink. This means it is also not registering via MAVLink. DroneBridge for ESP32 is completely independent of any surrounding software/hardware when set to transparent.

Oh great, I am glad to hear that this will now work for ESP32. Will this mean that a new version of DroneBridge is also to be expected that will not be set transparent?

I am working on implementing it, however, it is a nice to have feature since the web interface will still be the primary way of changing parameters. The functionality is not affected by this feature.
The new version of the firmware will introduce an additional semi-transparent MAVLink mode. In that mode the ESP32 will inject MAVLink packets to register with the GCS. In transparent mode it will obviously not do that.