What is the practical limit to the number of waypoints / mission items for PX4?

Hey @MaEtUgR, thank you for the response.
Per Magic value for NUM_MISSIONS_SUPPORTED in navigation.h explanation I located the NUM_MISSIONS_SUPPORTED parameter and successfully increased it and flashed an FC. The mission items upload to the SD correctly, confirmed by redownloading of the plan.

I understood the PR comment “reduce NUM_MISSIONS_SUPPORTED from 2000->500 so RAM backend is viable on typical F7”, to mean targeted at RAM only devices and not to mean that the RAM usage will be greatly influenced when flying missions from the SD card. I’ll have to work through the code in more detail to understand if dataman does some form of preloading from the SD card and then caches the mission items in RAM or if it only reads from the SD as needed. Perhaps you can shed light on this?

Furthermore, are there any guidelines as to how you typically test the running stability of a build? I’ve had a look at the standard test flights Tests Flights | PX4 User Guide and though very useful they are limited to behaviour and not necessarily parameter monitoring. For the above I’m guessing a long running flight while monitoring resource usage.