Temperature sensor integration on PX4 firmware

Hi,

Would like to know whether a generic i2c based temperature sensor can work on a Pixhawk having a PX4 firmware. If not , how can we go about having a temperature sensor to use the PX4 firmware.

thank you

1 Like

That is nothing special, just the driver will be needed to read data from the sensor and than publish it somewhere.

Do you know that most IMUs and MAGs also measure temperature? you can check it with.
listener sensor_accel or
listener sensor_mag

1 Like

Hi,
thanks for the info. Actually the temperature sensor info is required for the esc motors. I am trying to see if this temp data can provide more safety for flights in case there is an issue with one of the motors.

1 Like

@Igor_Misic

Hi ,

Just one more query . I see that PX4-Autopilot/src/drivers/hygrometer at release/1.13 ยท PX4/PX4-Autopilot ยท GitHub indicates the sensor for SHT3x for Px4 v1.13.3 . but when I check the parameter through QGC , I am unable to see the SENS_EN_SHT3x .
What must I do to get this in. Can I simply start the sensor from the Mavlink console in QGC or should we do something else.
thank you

You first need to add it to the default configuration of your board, then after you build it and flash it you can start the driver.

1 Like

Hi,

Is this done by Kconfig menu ?

yeah, boardmenu

1 Like