Suggestion for external barometer_PX4 compatible with ORANGE CUBE

Hi,

Can anyone suggest a good external barometer to connect to a PX4 enabled CUBE Orange flight controller.

thank you

I don’t think it would have to be Cube Orange specific, as long as it connects over I2C, CAN, or serial.

May I ask what the issue is with the Cube Orange internal baro?

Hi,

I always get a 20 / 10 meter difference in altitude between GPS and barometer during any flight. Some flights I got a altitude of - 11 meters / -50 meters / -20 meters when I was approximately 4 meters above ground !!

Query 1 Can the flight controller seeing -ive altitude, result in switching off the escs in mid air or cause hard landing effect !!

thank you

Is this a static offset, or does the offset change during the flight?

The thing with the barometer is that it is not an absolute altitude but only relative. To have it be match GPS, you would have to set the SENS_BARO_QNH, however, I never bothered with that.

It only matters if you share airspace with conventional planes that are flying at specific baro height.

1 Like

Hi ,

Relative altitude is alright. I am worried only when in the rare case the fused altitude estimation is going negative during landing phase ( GPS _Alt - Barometer_Alt) …
What will be the action of the flight controller when it sees negative altitude values ? Will it shut off the drone !! :slightly_smiling_face:

No it doesn’t shut off the motors because of the altitude going negative. It’s common that the estimation is not perfect.

1 Like

thank you…In this case i could also adjust using the [SENS_BARO_QNH] as suggested …