January 15, 2020
- Status update by component
- Open section for the community (Please add your agenda items)
- Anyone can propose topics for discussion
Meeting ID: 946 175 205
Join using your mobile/desktop
Call in using your phone, find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/aetSYKbiMF
- No update
4 PRs tested:
- Python 3 migration through (only exception is Python2 with ROS):
OS / NuttX
- RT PR to come in: https://github.com/PX4/Firmware/pull/13678
- SDIO pullups issue: we pointed to the wrong submodule commit, fixed: https://github.com/PX4/Firmware/pull/13927
- Nuttx is going to change versioning numbers -> we’ll need to handle it.
- DriverFramework is gone: https://github.com/PX4/Firmware/pull/13900
- bringing drivers in more consistent state, less driver duplication.
- no more Bepop support (no one spoke up to maintain it)
- Timer config: https://github.com/PX4/Firmware/pull/13871
- C++14 is required, depends on a newer Snapdragon toolchain.
- No Update.
- PRs open to review:
- Review of PRs mentioned by @Antiheavy / @Kjkinney is ongoing:
- Continue running position control PR is merged -> remove hacks from 1.9 release
- Yaw twitch in simulation sometimes happening in SITL
MAVROS / RTPS / ROS2
- No update
- Lift drag: https://github.com/PX4/sitl_gazebo/pull/375
- We should run simulation in different locations and environments -> we should have various test scenarios.
- Test scenarios can soon be added to the mavsdk test matrix: https://github.com/PX4/Firmware/blob/8505dddba32e11952fc00175cd67877b80a7471a/test/mavsdk_tests/mavsdk_test_runner.py#L13-L29
- No update.
- Multiple instances of mavsdk_server to connect to multiple drones in the language wrappers (e.g. Python): https://github.com/mavlink/MAVSDK/pull/923
- Use MAVSDK as the autopilot for testing: https://github.com/mavlink/MAVSDK/pull/922
Open section for the community
Discussed the PRs for fixedwing mentioned above with @Antiheavy. We’ll keep iterating on the PR and reviews to get it in.
Notes by @JulianOes.
Errata and Feedback
Let me know below if I failed to capture anything the right way, and if there are any updates, or you have feedback on the call format.