MAVSDK issues building examples

I am having issues building the examples given with the MAVSDK. I have been through all of the steps and everything seems to work okay up until I try to actually build the example.

When I run cmake … -G “Visual Studio 15 2017 Win64” it generates the make files, but when I run cmake --build . I get multiple errors saying fatal error: 17 unresolved externals. I’m not sure where this issue is coming from or what is causing it.

EDIT: As a side note, I did have to add the line set(CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH “C:/path_to/MAVSDK/install/lib/cmake;${CMAKE_MODULE_PATH}”) to my cmake file to be able to generate the make files.

UPDATE: So I followed the instructions located here

(https://mavsdk.mavlink.io/develop/en/guide/toolchain.html)

for building a C++ app. I ensured the my install folder was in the same location as specified on the webpage and updated the CMakeLists.txt file to include the takeoff_and_land example program. I then copied over the takeoff_land.cpp file from the example so that it was in the same directory as the SDK just like the webpage says. When I try to build this (cmake --build .) I get the error cannot open include file: ‘mavsdk/mavsdk.h’ no such file or directory found.

I then proceeded to update the CMakeLists.txt file to say
include directories(${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/…/MAVSDK/build/default/install/include) which I believe is the correct path to this folder. When I try to build this the build finds ‘mavsdk/mavsdk.h’ but I get a new error cannot open include file: ‘plugin_base.h’: no such file or directory found.

I do not understand why this file is not found since it appears to be in the same directory as the mavsdk.h file.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what my problems are with building a new C++ app? I don’t have a lot of experience with cmake, but it’s frustrating how I can’t seem to get it to include all of the directories I need it to. Is there possibly an issue with the CMakeLists.txt file located at this webpage?

https://mavsdk.mavlink.io/develop/en/guide/toolchain.html

Any help would be appreciated.