I think that it is quite late reply, but I want to leave my answer for others who have the same problem.
You need to assign base_mode, main_mode, and sub_mode.
For instance, in order to trigger ‘position’ flight mode, you can use the following pymavlink code. I think that it will be same in dronekit code.
base_mode, main_mode, sub_mode, 0, 0, 0, 0)
sub_mode is only defined for the AUTO_MOD
217, 3, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0)
It seems likely to me that the base_mode value will be changed according to current flight mode (If it is incorrect, please correct me).
FYI, you can use the following main_mode, and sub_mode.
- Manual: base_mode:217, main_mode:1, sub_mode:0
- Stabilized: base_mode:209, main_mode:7, sub_mode:0
- Acro: base_mode:209, main_mode:5, sub_mode:0
- Rattitude: base_mode:193, main_mode:8, sub_mode:0
- Altitude: base_mode:193, main_mode:2, sub_mode:0
- Offboard: base_mode:209, main_mode:6, sub_mode:0
- Position: base_mode:209, main_mode:3, sub_mode:0
- Hold: base_mode:217, main_mode:4, sub_mode:3
- Missition: base_mode:157, main_mode:4, sub_mode:4
- Return: base_mode:157, main_mode:4, sub_mode:5
- Follow me: base_mode:157, main_mode:4, sub_mode:8
As I mentioned, the base_mode will be changed, but there are only 4 cases: 157, 193, 209 and 217. Thanks!