[HIRING] Founding Engineer / potential Technical Co-Founder - aerial camera platform, Austin TX (equity)

Hawkline Inc. is building FieldLine, an aerial camera platform for high school athletics and live events, positioned between SkyCam-tier broadcast systems and static sideline analytics like Hudl. We’re pre-revenue, hardware bring-up stage, with core architecture locked and bench validation underway.

Looking for someone to own firmware and systems integration as we move toward flight test on Unit 1:

  • STM32-based flight/power controller firmware bring-up and validation
  • PX4 / ROS2 / uXRCE-DDS integration across the avionics stack (Jetson + Pixhawk)
  • Support on high-voltage power system safety architecture and validation

I’m the founder, mechanical/electrical background (20+ years defense/aerospace/robotics), carrying the system solo so far. What’s missing is depth on the software/firmware side specifically, not someone to take over “the technical side” broadly.

Equity-forward, pre-seed stage: 2-5% for Founding Engineer, with a path to a full Technical Co-Founder role (10%) if the fit is real on both sides. 4-year vest, 1-year cliff. Austin, TX area, hybrid, but open to fully remote at the beginning.

If you’ve done real hands-on PX4/embedded work and want ground-floor ownership rather than executing someone else’s roadmap, reach out. Happy to talk through the technical problem set before anything formal.

Hi,

I worked at Google for 6+ years as a Staff Software Engineer, and I’m a Staff Full Stack Engineer and Technical Lead with 12+ years of experience building and owning production systems, distributed platforms, and developer infrastructure.

My background is strongest in software architecture, backend systems, cloud infrastructure, distributed systems, AI, and technical leadership, with Java, Python, Go, TypeScript, Node.js, Kubernetes, GCP, AWS, and CI/CD. I’ve also worked on Android/iOS build infrastructure and systems involving reliability, automation, and production-scale engineering.

I don’t have deep hands-on experience with STM32, PX4, ROS2, or UAV firmware, so I want to be transparent about that. That said, the technical co-founder and systems architecture side of the opportunity is very interesting to me, and I’d be open to discussing whether my background could complement the team.

Thanks,

Hong

Hi this caught my attention, particularly the PX4 / ROS2 / uXRCE-DDS integration and flight-test validation side.

I work hands-on around PX4-based autonomous systems, multi-sensor integration, timing/reconstruction, and system-level validation. A significant part of my recent work has focused on making autonomous-system behaviour reproducible from flight and system evidence — including identifying the first meaningful divergence between commanded and observed behaviour.

The Jetson + Pixhawk boundary you described for FieldLine looks especially interesting.

If you’re still looking for someone on the firmware/systems-integration side, I’d be interested in discussing the Unit 1 technical problem set and seeing whether there is a fit.

— Yiğitcan