We need to help battery vendors find a market in our industry, it only makes sense for them when they can sell in volume.
- Common sizes that could be bought, proposals for connectors
- Needs specs from vendors
Action: Some attendees of the call will share their BMS requirements.
Gary Gu from MMC joined the call and gave us a brief history of MMC involvement in BMS products. (discussion captured on the BMS WG document below. )
We are missing the electrical and mechanical side of the payload interface. The MAVLink spec for payloads is already defined and ready, thanks to the work on the MAVSDK. Discussions on the group will focus on Electronics and Mechanics.
Freefly has done some work on the mechanical side, they are looking into a duck-tale design mount that guides the connector really solidly. Currently looking for ways to slim it down.
Action: Freefly will present design on the next call.
We will have a block diagram for the next call, we are looking for feedback from the community, on what sort of information should the standard include.
Questions to group
- What would the community like to document, what information needs to be included on those documents
- PAB to what degree would need to document this.
- Any of the power pins we need to define what the current should be, de-rating with temp, and any of those
- Mechanical mounting, how far off can you be, what’s the tolerance.
Action: Next call we will have a block diagram from @MichaelSchaeuble
One tap mobile
+14086380968,567710856# US (San Jose)
+16468769923,567710856# US (New York)
Dial by your location
+1 408 638 0968 US (San Jose)
+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 567 710 856
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/aetSYKbiMF
Errata and Feedback
Let me know below if I failed to capture anything the right way, and if there are any updates, or you have feedback on the call format.