- Host machine is Ubuntu Linux 16.04 LTS.
- Remote board is Raspberry Pi 2 Raspbian.
- Toolchain for cross-compilation for Raspberry Pi 2.
- IDEs are Qt Creator and Eclipse.
0. Create test C++ app with Qt Creator or Eclipse for IDE development and remote debugging using cross toolchain.
- Build firmware using Qt Creator or Eclipse and cross toolchain for Raspberry Pi 2.
- Setup remote debugging using one of the above-mentioned IDE.
Task 0. I created the test C++ project under Eclipse and managed to build and setup remote debugging using Eclipse Kepler.
So now i can cross-compile and remotely debug C++ projects using Eclipse Kepler.
Task 1. However, when i start with PX4 firmware i encounter with problem while cross-compilation.
1.1. Problem with Eclipse.
When i try to import already existed PX4 project into my workspace Eclipse doesn’t allow me to specify path and prefix to my RPI toolchain. It’s strange because when i create my test project everything is ok. In addition, when i try to import my test project(not create, just import already existed project), then Eclipse again hides the tab which used to specify path and prefix for cross-toolchain (Project Explorer->Properties->C/C++ Build/Settings->Toolchain Editor).
So, is it an issue with Eclipse?
1.2. Problem with Qt Creator.
According to the instructions from http://dev.px4.io/starting-building.html i created project file and launched Qt Creator. The PX4 Firmware builds ok, but only for the native host machine.
To make it work with cross-toolchain i changed path for the compiler and kits.
Compilation goes fine (with cross-gcc) but when linker is invoked it shows linkage error.
Of course, it should be, since i changed only compiler path, not linker, etc…
The only way i see now is to change every path for make, gcc, g++, ar, ld, etc manually in project settings from their default values to cross-toolchain paths.
But i think it’s too debug-prone way, is there more direct and clean option?
Thanks in advance!