V1.3.0 beta testing

For the tuning, I may have misunderstand somthing, but I canā€™t get any values to change. This window is not going away, I canā€™t hit ok.

Looks a bit strange

I donā€™t think autotuning is fully supported yet

Flight test 250 quad: Pixracer, Q estimator
ACRO and RATTITUDE modes are good. ALTCTL and POSCTL also worked well

Above has nothing to do with Auto-Tuning.

@Sn0west That looks like a bug in QGC; are you using a small display?

@Mark_Whitehorn No, Iā€™m working on my macbook pro 15". Itā€™s an old one 8years but still up to date.

Itā€™s not autotune that Iā€™m taking about!

Found a bug with accelerometer calibration, it shows only 3 picture (as well as mag calibration) but expects 6 rotations:

• Firmware beta e1e15add01bf9292bd636581037a8673b376af15
  • QGC v2.9.4-540-g5355b3a
  • RFD868+ data link

Thanks guys - in trying to simplify mag cal bad images for accel cal slipped in. We have fixed this now. More testing with the most recent QGC daily and the beta branch would be appreciated, in particular if you had a well tuned setup before.

@Mark_Whitehorn Would you be interested getting some mission tests in with your tablet?

Had a flight with the Hexa today using latest Beta from today. Flight was ok, but still some issues with Battery Measurement IMHO. It seems more sensitive than in Version 1.2. Finally I got new Power Supply Cable (AWG 12) which I exchanged this evening. Iā€™ll try to do some test flights maybe Friday/Saturday to recheck if this was due to too small Cabling.

Hello,

I am also experiencing odd Battery level readings.

I use a pixhawk with its power-board.
The Battery is a 3S with 4500mAh.
It is at 0% at 10V (thatā€™s where the Voltage breaks down)
It is at 100% 12.46 or 12.6V (charged twice, this is the variance)

PX4 gives me an alarm at 11.5V and 1842mAh

I have used these Settings:
C_Scaling 0.013
V_Scaling 0.0082

These are calibrated, i.e. I did measure the Voltage and Current under load (ā€˜just before hoveringā€™)

Greetings,
Hendrik

Ok, I finally found the stupid mistake: I had switched two variables in the battery estimation filter which led to the unfiltered charge level to be used for the failsafe handling. Which means that noise on the voltage lines could cause the alarm to trigger.

This is now fixed for good. Test flights (wait 10 mins, then flash beta) would be highly appreciated. Iā€™ve increased the default velocity control gain as well, so position hold should be slightly better. Please let us know if its too aggressive now (weā€™ve flight tested this).

With the release of QGC 2.9.5 are we supposed to use the daily build still for the beta testing or the stable build?

Always use beta, the Firmware versions do not differ between QGC versions. As long as 1.3.0 is not released you need to use beta.

Flashed beta to PixRacer using QGC 2.9.5. QGC complained it was unable to fetch some parameters after flashing. Disconnected QGC, unplugged/replugged USB, then QGC connected with no complaints.

Attempted to set up a mission to be flown at the field using desktop machine at home: map was very slow to pan and zoom. Left the desk to give the map time to fill in and when I returned it had moved back to vehicle location. ā€œFollow Vehicleā€ checkbox is gone, and choosing ā€œhomeā€ or ā€œmissionā€ takes me halfway around the world. Hence Iā€™m unable to perform mission planning at the bench. Maybe it will work at the field on Android.

When I try to send a mission to the vehicle, QGC reports ā€œā€¦too far: 8318876 m, refusingā€¦ā€
According to the display, ā€œhomeā€ is a few meters from the first WP, not >8 million. user error?

Let me quickly repro here.

Installed QGC 2.9.5 with latest Beta Build. I did not fly yet noticed some different behaviour:

• If I plugin USB first and Bat later I get an alert from the Beeper - this was working before.
  • Battery goes Up to 100% immediately even when 6S Bat has 23.xy Voltage, and drops a bit later (to 87% in my Case. - Correction : It may flip between 87% and 100%ā€¦ I did not find a pattern for this.
  • For me on the MacBook it is almost impossible to use Mission Planing. Due to:
  • Still eratic two finger gesture if zooming, panning or trying a right mouse click!
  • I tried hard about 5mins to delete all my mission Items by selecting one-by-one and deleting them. I gave up after this worked out for about 2 out of 5. Please have a function which deletes a whole Mission.
  • When arming with RC in Stab Mode the motors would often immediately spin up and I get a Takeoff detected, then they slow down and stop I get Landing detected and then disarm within the defined timeslot. I assume changes in the Takeoff detection code (or my Params?) ā€¦ this is new and was surely not behaving like this a few days ago. My man min throttle is so low that the motors would not start spinning normally. The Vehicle may not be 100% level when this happens but the deviation is so small that the horizon in QGC shows a horizontal line.

Log from an fmu-v4 test flight: http://logs.uaventure.com/view/qBX3ywh7na2eJiFXbymFoA
Altitude control was very erratic, Mission mode didnā€™t do anything resembling the programmed waypoints.
QGC did not display any map imagery, even though I had tried to set up offline files.
Question: is the mission definition logged anywhere to verify that it is being followed correctly?