RunCam Robin

Hello all,
I am trying to put together a drone and I’m not sure if the RunCam Robin is compatible with the Px4. Here is the list I have if y’all have any suggestions. Thanks!

6200mAh 4s 40c Lipo
40A Constant Current SBEC
Turnigy D3542/6 1000KV Brushless Outrunner Motor
10*5.5 Prop
S500 PCB Quadcopter Frame Kit
Pixhawk PX4 PIX 2.4.8 Flight Controller NEO-M8N GPS Radio Telemetry OSD 3DR 915Mhz RC FPV Combo
RunCam Robin FOV 160° 1.8mm
MakerFocus Lidar Range Finder Sensor Module Single-Point Micro Ranging Module

Hi

What do you mean by compatible? If you mean to configure the camera through PX4, then no, PX4 does not support that. If you just want to hook up the camera, it should work without problems.

Sorry if my questions come across as basic but I’ve just started researching this topic and have zero experience with drones and associated hard/software. What’s the difference in the use of a camera with and without configuration? Are there any know and relatively cheap(hopefully under $50) cameras that are configurable? Where can I go to figure out how to connect the video pin to the pixhawk?

Some FPV cameras come with SD cards or other features, and you can attach them to the flight controller so that you can start/stop video recording for example from the RC. But I see that the RunCam Robin does not have these features so it’s not relevant for you.
Your camera will still be configurable (at least I think so), but via buttons on the camera itself (so it’s less convienient to change settings). This should be fine though.
In terms of connecting it, you need to connect the camera to the OSD module and the OSD module to the video transmitter (I don’t see that in your list, you might have to add one as well?).
Similar as documented here: https://oscarliang.com/minimosd-micro-setup-naze32-pid-rssi/
Does that help?

Here is the list of parts that come with the Pixhawk:
1 x Pixhawk px4 2.4.8 32 bit ARM Flight Controller with shell
1 x Safety button
1 x Anti-vibration set for pix board
1 x PPM module
1 x M8N GPS
1 x Power Module T-plug type
1 x Pixhawk-I2C Splitter Expand board
1 x 3DR radio Data Transmission Module(915mHZ)
1 x mini USB cable
1 x mini OSD

The main thing I hope to accomplish is to take pictures at the least and maybe record an area after sending it out to its way-point location. Is the Px4 capable of holding the recording or transmitting it somewhere else if the RunCam Robin is only capable of sending a live feed? I still have to figure out how to get such an interface going but if you have any suggestions on a more capable camera that will help me perform this task I would love to consider them.

Ok, so that’s an entirely different use-case then. Probably best if you look at Does QGC come with any easy way to integrate a video feed? and the links there.