Join us

Agenda

• Community Q&A
  • Roadmap
  • High priority queue
  • Release
  • In-Depth discussions

Pixhawk 5X and the PX4 Developer Kit by Holybro

:star: We have a special guest this week, @Vincentpoont2 will be joining and giving us a deep dive into the Pixhawk 5X and PX4 Developer Kit, he will be answering questions on the call.

Community Q&A

Offboard Drone Control

Question: Vision pipeline that detects images and sends the drone in that direction using MAVROS, w/o using mission mode.

Answer: You can use MAV_CMD_DO_REPOSITION from MAVROS. You might also want to look at PX4 Avoidance.

Question: Why do you need to define a setpoint for acceleration, velocity, and position, when commanding a drone?

Answer: The drone will have a lot of trouble keeping up, and by defining the three variables we can compensate long run. The command to use is MAV_PROTOCOL_CAPABILITY_SET_POSITION_TARGET_LOCAL_NED

Relevant presentation

Guest Speaker

If you have any feedback or corrections please comment on this post.

Dear Ramon,

I have recently joined TII, I am proud to be working for a silver member of the dronecode organization. We are working on a project to provide a secondary (vision-based) localization source that provides geodetic coordinates in the same manner a GPS unit does, but I would like to have input on which would be the best approach to switch between this visual navigation and GPS sources on-the-fly. In this sense we would like to discuss the following:

• Can we change SENS_GPS_PRIME on-the-fly without any adverse side-effects?
  • Is there any GPS glitching detection that we would trigger by swapping the positioning source?
  • Do we need any specific care to avoid having the positioning estimate interpreted as a glitch?
  • Who would be the best point of contact for positioning related questions?

Thanks for the attention!

Best Regards,

Igor

Hey @camposi we are happy to read you here, would you be available for tomorrow’s this week’s developer call? perhaps you can join and ask the questions to our team on the meeting.

Sure @rroche,

I was actually planning to join, I just wanted to give a heads-up on the topics I hope to pick your brains about.

Looking forward to the call.

Best regards,

Igor