January 08, 2020
- Status update by component
- Open section for the community (Please add your agenda items)
- Anyone can propose topics for discussion
Meeting ID: 946 175 205
Join using your mobile/desktop
Call in using your phone, find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/aetSYKbiMF
- Need to move gitbook (build ourselves)
- Linux board documentation is obsolete (needs update)
3 PRs assigned and tested
- #13870, no issues on a couple of vehicles
- #13819, tested on Pixhawk 4 and NXP vehicle, more testing to be done today
- Work moving from python2 to python3
OS / NuttX
- Stick with what we have and backport what we need from upstream until the workflow there is stable
- Drivers (we can kill off driver framework entirely)
- Got read of a lot of static variables (need another pass)
- Need to remove the commander low-priority thread
MAVROS / RTPS / ROS2
- Still have issues with the way ROS2 generates from the IDL (in an incompatible way).
- Nuno is trying to solve the typename compatibility.
- ROS2 seems to have decided to go away from the compliant FastRTPS implementation, so Nuno is trying to follow ROS2 (so it is still inter-vendor compatible, but the ROS2 implementation is no longer intra-vendor compatible with FastRTPS).
- Expecting feedback from core devs of ROS2.
- ROS2 is python3, but ROS may create issues with the now deprecated python2.
- Work on ROS2
- Fixed GPS alignment (so GPS doesn’t have to be disabled anymore)
- Fuse velocity directly
- Velocity is now in body frame
- Planning next 6-12 months for UAVCAN v1
- The idea is to have UAVCAN ready for PX4 for v1.11
- Roadmap: https://forum.uavcan.org/t/uavcan-2019-roadmap/666
Open section for the community
Errata and Feedback
Let me know below if I failed to capture anything the right way, and if there are any updates, or you have feedback on the call format.