Implementing the Ping200X Transponder from uAvionix

Hey everybody, I鈥檓 planning on implementing a driver for the Ping200X transponder. I鈥檇 like to know if you had any advice regarding the implementation of it?

I know there鈥檚 already a SagetechMXS driver implementation, which I鈥檒l use as a template. But any other recommendation would be appreciated.

Also, I鈥檝e read on the documentation that we should base the driver on the Device framework (PX4-Autopilot/src/lib/drivers/device at main 路 PX4/PX4-Autopilot 路 GitHub) although I鈥檓 not exactly sure, what鈥檚 the advantage to it at the moment (maybe I just didn鈥檛 spend enough time looking at the code yet), any guidance would be much appreciated :).

PS. We already have it working with a Python script, the main job is to integrate it to the PX4 firmware.
PPS. I copied the message from Discord here.

Hey, did you end up making this work? I would be interested in pointers on how to make this work

Hi @Victor_Delafontaine, sadly it was put on hold for now. But we were able to get it to read the data coming from the Ping200X with a python script and a simple USB to Serial doggle. I believe we were also able to send command to it.

I would say most of the things you need are already there in the documentation provided by uAvionix. But we mostly used the UCP ICD document that they provide the packet frame and information for the communication and the User and Installation Guide document as a complimentary to the ICD document.

Read those two document carefully a couple of times, and it shouldn鈥檛 be an issue for you to get to the same point as we are.

Let me know if this helps! Good luck!