Gimbal recommendation

Hi all,

Can someone recommend on a gimbal that compatible with Holybro Pixhawk 4 running PX4 v1.12.3?

The payload is about 0.2 [kg].

I though about the Pixy U but the guys from Gremsy Emailed me that they are not sure if its compatible with Holybro Pixhawk 4.

Thanks,
Iftach.

What you are really looking for is Mavlink support.
Read this:
http://www.olliw.eu/storm32bgc-wiki/MAVLink_Communication

@jcdonelson Thanks for the answer.

Acctually this page demonstrate exactly the problem: No documentation on PX4 (said its TBD at the bottom of the page) and no specific model that I can search and buy.

The Pixy U is Mavlink compatible but the Gremsy guys told me that they are not sure if it works with the Holybro Pixhawk 4 running PX4.

I got the same answer from a person that works for HDAirStudio which also designs gimbals: it is Mavlink compatible but they are not sure that it will works with the Holybro Pixhawk 4 running PX4.

It really has nothing to to do with the flight controller. They are just saying that they have not actually tested with that one.
If the firmware loaded supports Mavlink and has the correct set up it should work.,
That page is out of date as far as TBD:

You might consider buying one of the cheap ones to try out:

1 Like

That’s incorrect. A gimbal claiming “Mavlink” support gives you no indication that the gimbal will work with a particular flight stack.
Changes in mavlink over time and mavlink differences between ArduPilot and PX4 mean that you have to know specifically what mavlink version/messages/microservice is implemented by the gimbal, and what firmware it has been tested against.

1 Like

So basically I need to get a Mavlink support gimbal and try it, if it’s not “plug and play” I’ll need to do some modifications to the gimbal/autopilot firmware?

Id get the vendor to tell you what they’re using it with

It is advisable to contact the supplier directly