Computer Vision/Sensor tracking in Gazebo

Hello,

What would be a good place to start regarding tracking another object using computer vision.

I’m looking at uOrb and Mavlink messages for detecting an object and then going to said object in a gazebo simulation. I could use some guidance for where to start and I had a few questions.

1. If I add an object in gazebo like a random sphere or even another px4 vehicle will the drone recognize that object as something that can be collided into?
  2. What are good uOrb/Mavlink messages to detect the location of another object? My goal at its core is for the drone to detect an object and then move towards it.

Thanks!

Hello,

How are you planing to do it??? By camera or positioning sensors?

I’m starting out in the simulation. I was hoping to use the camera, but which way is the most simple to start out with?

The easiest way is to have the positon of the Object on let’s say POSE messages and then based on that you decide. The MAVLINK messages can be found below to find the position:

https://ardupilot.org/dev/docs/code-overview-adding-a-new-mavlink-message.html

If you are going to use ROS, local position or global position to get the object’s data. In case of any other inquiries please ask.