Adding Board Support For Crazyflie 2.0 (Big Quad Deck)

It has come to my attention that there is quite a bit of work that needs to be done to get PX4 working with a crazyflie 2.0 with Big Quad deck. I am interested in working on a build target for this. The existing crazyflie target is a nice starting point, but there are some incompatibilities (PWM configuration is for BDC, instead of BLDC motors with ESC), as well as missing features; for instance, it would be very nice to add support for using the STM32F4’s ADC2 peripheral to monitor battery voltage and current (there are headers on the big quad for this), as well as enabling GPS, etc.

This undertaking warrants a new set of headers in the board drivers section at the very least. I am also unsure how to add ADC support, since I am mostly unfamiliar with that driver on PX4, though I know that the driver is used in the sensors module and published from there.

These are my initial thoughts on a CF2.0 + Big Quad project. I would like to know if anyone else is interested in having this done, and welcome people to suggest features that should be a part of a Big Quad build target. Also, if anyone has any tips about how to get started, particularly with regards to the PWM driver for the ESCs, and how to add ADC support back into the sensors module, any help you can provide will be much appreciated.