Wifi + LoRa telemetry add-on

Can you send me the schematic

any news about your project ? It looks interesting

Sadly the project is a bit on the back burner at the moment. The esp8266 part works, but I have not tested the stm32/lora part. In the meantime, if you want to build on my work: Eagle schematic and board

1 Like

Iā€™m following your (very interesting) project. As you, i believe in LoRa->something bridge as the best solution to have a reliable yet integrated datalink solution. However, i think the best is to go with bluetooth rather wifi to locally bridge connection, as i think that Wifi should be reserved to route HD digital video, so you could have both (video and telem) working on the same device, wirelessy, from different datalink devices until a integrated ā€œdo-it-allā€ solution pops out.

Hello,

I am interested about this project, this project have big potential.

I have idea for flow controlā€¦ the communication between Flight controller and ESP module can be fast containing all MAV-link massages, depend on the speed between ESP module and LoRa Node the massages between those 2 points can be reduced dynamically.

Also to the ESP module can be connected standard MAV-link working on 433MHz when communication between UAV and GSC is lost/bad the ESP module can switch to LoRa.

On the ESP32 boards have enough GPIO pins to sustain 1 SPI and 2 UARTs

This device can become some kind of ā€œcommunication co-computerā€.

Leverage of this:

1. On short distance using standard MAV-Link HM-TRP chip with fast speed between UAV and GSC.
  2. On the long distance using LoRa WAN with dynamic flow control.
  3. Using only single UART on the Flight controller.

I donā€™t have programming skills, only hardware. If somebody start to write software connected to my idea i can support hardware part of the project.

@tve,
thank you for the initial ideas of the board. I have a very similar project but with Radiocraft TinyMesh module instead of LoRa+STM32. How did you plan to use status LEDs on your board? Upd: I have found your fork on GitHub, thanks!

Iā€™m working on a similar project. Iā€™m looking to collaborate. Please contact me. 812-788-0664

Hey, can you help me?

@gadaavid : Did you succeed in completing the project!!!. I am also in the same boat.
My Problem description:
I am looking to enhance the ExLRS 2.4G to support Telemetry using Mavlink.
As of now limited telemetry data exchange happens between openTx and uav ExLRS module.
That too data is encapsulated in CRSF Protocol.
Also there is no proper way to exchange data between GCS(ArduPilot & QGrnd-Control).
Some solutions use Bluetooth/wifi based modules, these telemetry modules connect with OpenTx via BLE/wifi and exchange the data.
I am thinking of developing a Lora based module with usb to connect to Qgrnd-control.
So basically 3 RF devices [elrs Rx , elrs-tx on opentx, usb based elrs for GCS].
All 3 modules need to bind before exchanging dataā€¦
Let me know your thoughts.

1 Like

I would like to contribute to this project.
I already have ELRS DIY hardware that is now working with me and am willing to do some code parts like CRSF segregation and then perhaps we can start working on MAvLink2Passthrough encapsulation. Although my knowledge is very limited atm, I am willing to learn as I progress.
Warm Regards