I just put an initial v1.2.0 release beta version onto the beta branch (available in QGroundControl if you tick the "Advanced mode" checkbox on the bottom and select "beta").
Make sure to download the latest daily build of QGroundControl here, as it is also close to the v2.9.3 release which has many improvements / fixes for mission editing.
Let us know how you go. If you fly a racer, please note this post which has gains that will give you an optimal ACRO experience.
The main improvements are:
- Lots of VTOL improvements, in particular for missions / autonomous transitions, support to detect failed transitions and abort them, etc. This is work done by Andreas Antener (UAVenture), Roman Bapst (PX4 Core / ETH), Sander Smeets (DronesLab) and Simon Wilks (UAVenture)
- Improvements for Pixracer (in particular telemetry), from Mark Whitehorn (PX4 Core)
- A much improved and flyable variant of EKF2 by Paul Riseborough (3DR) and Roman Bapst (PX4 Core / ETH). Carl Olson (Wingtra) is currently working with Paul and Roman on fixed wing extensions for it
- Fix for the TECS controller reset logic
- Support for precise input capture time stamping (e.g. for RTK or camera sync signals)
- Better mission checking and handling, in particular for fixed wing
- More checks on the airspeed sensor to ensure users with a flaky sensor can't arm
- Many more general bugfixes and improvements