Security for Mavlink Messages

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a way to encrypt or otherwise secure a 915Hz telemetry signal to the Pixhawk with the PX4 firmware. I have had some success with the Arducopter/Mission Planner setup using signed packets. Is there a way to do something similar with a QGroundControl/PX4 setup?

Thanks!

Hi,

Just to specify - I am aware that PX4 has some features of Mavlink 2.0 in use for telemetry at the moment. In the past, I have used the Mavlink 2.0 protocol on Arducopter/Mission Planner to send signed packets to my Pixhawk. Does anyone know if this feature of Mavlink 2.0 has been introduced in the PX4 firmware? And if so, is there a way to generate and use a signed key between the ground station (QGroundControl) and the Pixhawk?

Thanks!

Hi,

I am currently searching to have a secured C2/3 iink with an UAV in an academic project. We use QGroundControl as a ground station and PX4 on a pixhawk cube for our UAV. Did you find a solution to your problem ? I am thinking that Mavlink 2.0 is not secured enough to do this and I would like to add encryption to my messages in order to have secured data to transmit.

Thank in advance for your answer !

Louis

i am trying to provide confidentiality to MAVLink message, can someone helps me