Pixracer Feedback Thread

full build pixracer flight control with gps on board gps,wifi “only esp chip”, cobra 2204 1960kv motors 30a afro escs , on arris oav250 frame , dragonlink v2 system , flysight 2w 5.8ghz tx, 1200tvl camera, “with tilt sevro” overall weight about 1270 grams “without battery” gemfan hq 6045 propellers “grr” lol built and sitting on my desk and it won’t fly

todays flight test with lastest version of blheli wasn’t much better , starting to think its the motors new or not most be some kind of compatibility issue with this cobra motors , i was able to keep it in the air with minimal sync issues ,but it wobbled like it was its job , motors and esc got very warm with only 2-3 minutes of just hovering nothing that should of over worked them ,reflashed esc with higher timing also played with a few other setting , nothing works , i am stumped , maybe the wobble is coming from the flight controller? , pretty weird issues

ok test flight today was 200% better after changing the cobra 2204 1960kv to gartt 2206 2000kv and useing 5045x5, i turned off lightdampening and turn it to high pwm freqency ,perfectly flat hover there is a shutter or oscillation on punchout

and used the oneshot125 setting i posted in" px4 and oneshot125 " the settings worked good " i came accrossed the info after watching and few videos on motor protocols "pwm_rate 4000hz, pwm_min 125, pwm_max 250, pwm_disarm 100

info found 13 minutes into video

http://logs.uaventure.com/view/rWvpD5hExmeYXTRhw2v9X
flight log from today with smooth hoover ,oscillations starting above 1/2 throttle, 200% better then any previous flights
oneshot125 enabled pwn_rate 4000hz ,pwm_min 125, pwm_max 250, pwm_disarm 100

pixracer is soft mounted on a carbon fiber plate with rubber dampeners and 3m foam sticky tape

Hello,
I just tested a new Discovery quad equipped with Pixacer and PX4 firmware.
It flew well at first in stabilized mode.
I tried take off in Position Control, but went bad. I read about flight modes, where is stated not to land in that mode, but thought it would be ok to take off. Only few propellers broken.

What I really would like is to have the possibility to set flight modes on a rotary knob and autonomous modes (mission, rtl etc.) on another channel.
I tried the multi channel mode, but was not able to do that because of several grayed fields. Am I missing something?
Would be nice to set flight mode channel PWM values too, like in Betaflight and Arducopter firmwares.

Thanks and best regards,
Ric

i think you meet be able to active what your looking for through program mixing on the remote
in rhe passed i moved around the channel on my remote to allow me to flip on arco mode via trainer switch so i could put the mini quad into flips then just let off the trigger and it would switch back into stablized mode and pull out of the flips on its own

Yes, I could do some tricks through RC TX mixers, but that’s not a solution, nor is it elegant. It will limit possibilities.

About Oneshot again.
I tried setting parameters as described here (pwm_max to 250, pwm_min to 125 and pwm_disarm to 100 and pwm_rate to 4000), but nothing did work. The board showed armed situation, but motors did not spin. No ESCs sound either.
I did reset pwm_rate to 400 and motors did spin very hardly.
What am I missing?
The copter is equipped with Emax ESCs, which are declared BLheli Oneshot125.
As a recall, the copter already went in flight with standard pwm values.
Thanks!
Ric

did u run the calibration? it all worked for me, if it don’t work then maybe tx programing is turned off on your ESCs , the ESCs i run are afro 30a flashed blheli v14.9 , i have ran the calibration 20+x ESCs sound off blheli no issues

only problems i am having are oscillations on punchout ,after replacing my motors and a few flight tests, i think it might be PID issues now

Hey,

I’m running a Pixracer with px4 1.5.5 and the ACSP4 power board. No issues flying it except for the voltage indication.
I have not been able to find the source of the problem or find out what’s influencing it but within QGroundcontrol I can have one of three different indications:

• Normal voltage as expected
  • A voltage of around 3V. Can’t arm in this case.
  • “N/A”. Can arm but obviously no indication how the battery is doing.

I am using a 3S battery and when it is working as expected the voltage indicated closely matches the actual voltage of the battery.
Did anyone experience something similar or has an idea of how to solve it?

oneshot125 is enabled
i hope this is helpful

no not really i only tweaked the powers setting to 4s , only power issue i have come acrossed was avionics power low @ 4.8v ,“i think i may just have to many things running off my 5v power rail” but it still lets me arm and disarm and fly, so i really just ignore it for now “i am also using ACSP4”
as far as 3s power i do not run it and haven’t decided to buy any 3s batteries cause it is not going to be enough power for my application of a distance and endurance racer

yes, i see what u are talking about i finished my remote convertion today and i played with some of the flight mode stuff and the multi channel mode , certain flight modes are linked together which makes the flight mode switches bloted and inpractical to use , it defiantly needs to be more customizable

Thanks for that video!
Yes, I went through ESC calibration and all the rest as well.
Your screenshot is definitely different from mine, I don’t have PWM rate in the PWM outputs, it is in the Default group instead and yes, it seemed strange to me. Why then? Does the parameters list change with type of aircraft? I selected TBS Discovery.

I did change the values at bottom, now reset to original ones.
What’s the difference with those at top?
I’m on 1.5.5.
By the way ESCs calibration seems not to work properly.

i use the master version ,as far as airframe change the only thing i see that changes are some PID vaules ,but then again i have only played with 250mm quad frames, i use QGC v3.1.2 , as far as px4 firmware it would say its pretty recent i think the last time i flashed the FC was a few weeks ago

I did an upgrade of QGC, 1.3.1 now, but it is not clear if Oneshot is enabed in 1.5.5 or not.
I changed PWM_AUX_MIN/MAX/DISARMED to 125/250/100 now and everything seems to work, including ESCs calibration. If I set PWM_RATE to 4000 nothing works anymore.
My plan were to use a standard firmware one time in my life, not beta etc. Seems I have to switch to master.
How well is it tested if ever? This copter was not intended for firmware testing = : D

Another couple of flights done.
Stabilized works like a charm with stock PIDs.
Acro is of no use instead
! Impossible to control. I have to sort out if it is because of the PIDs or something else. It does not resemble to any other firmware I know (Multiwii, Arducopter, Betafligt etc.).
Position hold, great with a bit of drift, which seems to disappear with a stick input. Something to do with trimming?
Hold rock solid.
Return to launch great, within 1-2m off, which is a reasonable result where I fly between high mountains.