Pixracer Feedback Thread

You are very welcome!

Hi,
i buy pixracer flight control and playuavOSD, i link all in right mode.
If i put Ardupilot firmware playuav work fine.
If i put PX4 stack firmware give me some problem. The information on monitor are incomplete and for example the alt information non working. The ground station software ā€œQgroundcontrolā€ give me a error always ā€œIGM_MISSION_ITEM_REQUESTā€.
PlayuavOSD is compatibile with PX4 stack? How can resolve the problem?
I put the picture of monitor and ground station software.
Thanks

Whats thoughts on using the mRoboticsā€™ Pixracer on a 850 size sky-hero? Also wondering if the Sky-Hero 40amp OPTO ESCā€™s would work with it also.

@briz - The only reason not to use a pixracer is if you need more than 6 PWM outputs.

Hello
there is one more thing to consider:
Pixracer has less analog io interfaces.
VG

Thanks, I do want to trigger a camera but thatā€™s it. Hopefully I can find a used one and get it going, this build is gone so wrong for so long so maybe this will workout for me. Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Helloā€¦Iā€™m new to this forum and need of some help.

I have a Pixracer setup using QGCS 3.1.0, installed Plane 3.7.1, using digital speed sensor, Dragonlink and Taranis, Seperate BEC power supply to Servo outputs.

All calibrations complete.

My issues: Not getting any servo signal output on ch 1 and 3. I do get ch 2 aileron and ch 4 rudder with no problem and signal ok out of dragonlink receiver.

Is there anything in the parameter to change or something? Or could it be a bad board (USA). Iā€™ve been at it for 4 days now.

Thanks,
Ben

Hi
If you using ArduPlane Flight-stack, try ask here http://discuss.ardupilot.org/
Or you can try instal PX4 stack, and stay in this discusion :slight_smile:
Cheers
David

Davidā€¦ yeah I also tried that as wellā€¦

You can open NSH or console
http://dev.px4.io/advanced-system-console.html
and use PWM app to test your outputs
https://pixhawk.org/firmware/apps/pwm

if you have access to oscilloscope, you can check what is happening at outputs, if not you simply connect some servo to it

I finally got it to work with the latest flightstack. Now the channels are switched, even though the TX channels are correct. The outputs are now ch 1 is roll, ch 2 is pitch and throttle is ch 4. Very strange. I looked everywhere to try and change it, so I left it like that.

Now what I donā€™t like is:

1. How can I arm the plane without having to arm it through QGroundControl? I managed to disable the arm switch, but still have to arm it through QCS.

Ben

So what FW you have now uploaded, and what airframe are you using?
for arming you have to hold throtle down and ruder right. Are you have right assignment and calibration of radio?

David,

Iā€™m using the latest flight stack and selected the Skyhunter plane. yes I can now arm it. The assignment channel are correct in the parameters, but the outputs are in the wrong channels. I still managed to plug the servos in the right outputs, for instance ch 1 is roll, ch 2 is pitch and ch 4 is throttle.

What is the trick to the madnessā€¦ Want to execute a plane throw launch. Already setupā€¦ Mission with takoff, arm ed, Pixracer, Flight Stack 1.5.3, QCS, Taranis, Dragonlink. I get REJECT AUTO Takoff. Is there any settings like APM? I canā€™t seem to get it up in the air.

Ben

hi for skyhunter is this aligmen of chanels right
here is init file for skyhunter

and there is mixer

unfortunately some of air-frames donā€™t have standard channel aligment, you can check init and mixer file for each air-frame

Unfortunately I dont have any experiences about throw launch

This is a bug of the OSD which is not fully MAVLink compliant. We are ignoring this request in the latest developer build.

Hi, i am battling an awkward YAW drift on my pixracer setup and a 550 quad frame during position hold. i am using the latest F/W 1.5.5

Every now and then yaw rotates slightly one way or the other (~10deg). Actual position hold is fine. Its a windy day ~15km/h.

Mag itself seems to be pretty stable so iā€™m suspecting yaw gyro pid loop influence.

here is my log

http://logs.uaventure.com/view/Nkcjso5AuFBnoM8LfurvSB

Any advice would be really appreciated.

thx

(
just as aside - a log of a mission to compare the rates behaviour
http://logs.uaventure.com/view/HmNShd4YAXiHRmKRCUZpUD
)

You seem to have a pretty high yaw rate noise and that usually hints at a mechanical problem with the frame. You likely need to fix the vibration and potentially also tune the controller.

Time to say thank you to all people working on this project!
Today is a big day for me and my test quad. I have nothing to report yet!
Yesterday night I loaded the latest px4 1.5.4 Master Version and I did a quick hover test in the darkness. Today I did some RTL tests and basic manoeuvres in STABILIZED. My test quad flies like a charm. Of course I nee to do some more tests but for now my confidence is slowly coming back. So thank you very much for all people working on this great project!

Good night
Snowest

i have a question about the pixracer
i bought my avua pixracer broad back in February of last year had issues with it then , thought it was me being a noob or the oneshot125 esc i put on it, so i bought new ones and replced them with afro 30a simonk esc and never got around to testing this only till this last 1 1/2 months and i have reflashed 10x with ardrupilot and px4 with qgc , and mission planner , and tweaking pids and always the same problems with one motor it will always fail to run even with the others motors.
Is it possible that the flight controller is sending out a delayed signal to on motor cuz every which way i have tried to calibate the esc they always run out of sync?

adding to this research into my issue
i flashed my simonk 30a escs to belheli v14 , still running the "cobra 2204 1960kv " motors
i have been messing with the pwm_rates and have had motor predictable calibration and throttle control but the motors sound very bad ā€œkind of wineyā€ maybe some kinda of compatiblity issue with the cobra motors?
different setting i have tried
oneshot125 pwm_max 2000
pwm_min 1000
pwm_disarmed 900
pwm_rate 100,125-300hz
oneshot beeps in calibration with
successful ok in qgc and esc beeps
in sync faster with the higher hz rate
also tried 400hz and 490hz,1000hz,2000hz
i literally have spent days reading and watching youtube videos looking for ideas to try
flight modes and airframes everything on the pixracer seems to work gps 3d lock 16-17 count
alot of gyro and accelerometer, inconsistencies for some reason ? any help or ideas would be great