Pixracer Feedback Thread

Hi, what do you mean with “Master” another connector? Sorry for the terminology I do not have a this time :slight_smile:

Concerning wifi and the esp-01 module: Is it the esp port on the pixracer just another UART port with 3.3v for the esp? If I were to use a different esp module say the esp-02 (with external antenna) and used jeelabs instead of the mavlink firmware for the pixracer, could I still use the pinout for the esp-01 for my jeelabs firmware esp module?

I have been using jeelabs esp-02 module for my taulabs sparky and it works great and was really really easy to setup. I tried to install the pixracer mavlink firmware on it initially, but had no luck, and the instructions were kinda hard to follow. You guys could greatly simplify the flashing instructions by having all the necessary bin files in one download location (user.bin, blank.bin, firmware.bin or whatever). and also having a link to download the NODEMCU tool to flash it with and a quick instruction on how to flash the module and what addresses to flash the bin files to.

The esp8266 socket does connect to a uart port. You can find the pinout on the schematic linked here: https://pixhawk.org/modules/pixracer.

Hi,

I’m starting with Pixracer and installed in a glider (Phoenix 2000), where I had a PixHawk. I downloaded the firmare with QGround Control and adjusted everything. I just could not make the flaps work, through the passthrough. It looks like this function is not working.

But I could not load waypoints and missions with Mission Planner. Is that not possible anymore with this firmware? Is there a version where this is possible?

Did you power the servos? I’m asking since on the pixracer you have to power the rail separately

Yes, the BEC of the ESC provides power for the servos. Aileron, rudder and elevator servos work well.

I also checked PWM with the oscilloscope and there was nothing.

Ok sorry I misread your post, thought nothing was moving.

Hi is better to use PX4 firmware with QgroudControl OR ArduPilot firmware with Mission planer. They are partial compatible, but better is not cross-use of SW.

What is happend when you try upload waypoints?

There are some errors, but it is due to stack PX4. As you mentioned, it is not compatible with Mission Planner.

I am in for racing tuning and coding.

comments on this thread would be appreciated: FPV Racer Tuning

@anton-matosov Thank you so much for all those PRs - do you have flight videos? I will get them into master this week and we’d like to keep up the great work and pace of those!

Noob needs help:
Cannot do calibrations in Mission Planner, suspect wiring between PixRacer and Rx. I have followed this suggested wiring:

PR FRS port to X8R Smart port
Blk to gnd
Red to plus
Grn/yel to sig (note tied together on one pin.)

Setup:
PixRacer frimware = APM:Copter 3.4.2
Mission Planner firmware = 1.3.41
Taranis Tx firmware = 2.1.9, model X9D
Rx Model X8R (D=16, firmware unknown, early model)

Questions:

1. Has anyone successfully used this wiring setup?
  2. How would I wire up for S-Bus?
  3. How would various wiring schemes be tested off of the vehicle?

Thanks for your help

Hi @butchalline

Mission Planner and ArduCopter are both supported by a different project. I am sure they will be gald to help, please post your questions to discuss.ardupilot.org

Phil

Is it possible to flash the firmware on the pixracer wirelessly at this point?
Thanks!

~Brandon

@brandonr49 On the technical side I’d say yes, but it will require integration and testing. We haven’t done that last step yet.

Thanks for the info. I assume it’s a low priority feature so I’ll look at other solutions.

Hi guys.
First of all, thank you for the great flight controller. However, it is usually (always) out of stuck and I am forced to get a clone!

don´t do this. They are all defectiv. There are many posts about this on RCGROUPS

Please consider the mRobotics’ Pixracer. We worked with them to get the design perfect. I have also inspected one and the quality is equal to ours.

http://store.mrobotics.io/category-s/112.htm

1 Like