Pixracer Feedback Thread

Oh great I will try tonight and give some feedback. Thanks for the very quick response.

Itā€™s working fine now, thanks very muchā€¦

Great! Thanks for reporting. Let me know if you have any feedback on ACRO mode, too.

I have tried out the v 1 case from Shapeways for the Pixracer with foam insert into the little box covering the baro chipā€¦ This is major improvement, concerning the altitude drop in AltHdā€¦ I am using it in my 3dr quad and 3.3.4 fwā€¦

Here is a first try of my Pixracer with TBS (clone) upper center plate. Looks pretty good. I printed also case for Pixracer: PixRacer Basic Case by Painless360 - Thingiverse - and piece of foam included under baro.

Some more PX4 Acro feedback from my latest test flight in the other thread: Pixraxer as a RACER

To summarize: much better with ATT_BIAS_MAX = 0.0, but Iā€™m still unhappy, and will now give the APM firmware a try.

+1 regarding the aforementioned issues with acro flight.

Iā€™d like to add that my copter behaves far too twitchy in the center stick-ranges. Lowering pitch/roll sensitivity didnā€™t really improve that. Is there any way to add expo to pitch and roll? It would enable using high rates while maintaining fine-grained control in the center stick-ranges.

I donā€™t think there is a way to do that in PX4 at the moment. However, I added expo curves to pitch and roll on my transmitter (FrSky Taranis - easily programmed and set to only activate in Acro mode), that helped quite a bit.

While this is an easy workaround I would rather have all parameters relevant to the flight-modeā€™s behaviour reside in one place, the flight controller. It would also enable expo to be only applied to the acro mode and not all flight-modes that accept stick input.

As Olex said ā€œadded expo curves to pitch and roll on my transmitter (FrSky Taranis - easily programmed and set to only activate in Acro mode)ā€ is the best way to do that. No point in duplicating functionality which the transmitter has been designed to provide in an easily customizable and flexible manner.

henkf does have a point though. Not everybody flies with a Taranis, and not all radios allow to customize input processing in the same way (allowing to trigger expo together with acro mode). Other popular FCs offer expo and throttle curve settings in-software, specifically everything thatā€™s Multiwii-derived (Baseflight and Cleanflight with all its forks). Also, processing expo in the FC allows higher input resolution around stick center, because the R/C channel value remains directly proportional to stick throwā€¦ though this wonā€™t be practically noticeable to 99% of the pilots out there.

Need an advice. Pixracer board with PX4 master stack in the quadcopter. Does anybody know how to setup Pixracer motor 6 pin (CH6) relay and have CH9 (SBUS) on it to control for example RC LED switch? It was easier with AUX pins on Pixhawk with AC software.

Hi,

has anybody information about the current lead time for Pixracer delivery? I ordered 2 Weeks ago and asked for a rough delivery date. No answer yet and order states ā€œProcessingā€ since order day.

Hi,

We have expressed our concerns with the difficult availability of Pixracer to the manufacturer. I hope they get the current manufacturing issues under control soon.

-Lorenz

Just started flying a Vortex 250 Pro (by Horizon/ImmersionRC) from the LHS. Very slick package and the OSD works great. And Iā€™m pleased to say that ACRO mode (with the default tuning) feels the same as my Spedix250AQ/PixRacer. This reinforces my opinion( formed by flying the S250AQ with both CleanFlight/Naze32 and PX4) that PixRacer/PX4 has what it takes for FPV racers.
I assume the ā€œextremeā€ Vortex Pro tunings just crank up the stick sensitivityā€¦ anybody listening who knows the difference?

Please someone helpā€¦I tried to flash pixracer with px4 using qgc but could not get radio to calibrate. My understanding is I should be using a specific download of QGC and a specific px4 fw. Could someone link me to each specific one that works to date. I have been trying various SW and FW and run into one dead end or anotherā€¦being it radio, software, fw or esc problems. I have followed painless 360 videos but do not get same results. I was able to get Mission planner to flash PX4 master but can not get escā€™s to calibrate. I dont get the calibration startup tones. Thatā€™s following videos and on screen instructions. Im about ready to sell this board. Pleased with quality but disappointed in lack of documentations specific to this FC. Very hard for someone who has never set one up comming from Cleanflight worldā€¦Shame for price paid.

Pixracer V1 rc14
Aikon boltlite 30a
Sunny Sky 2206 2000
Taranis plus 2.1.8
X4r sbus

Can you please download QGC from here:

Then flash the latest BETA of the PX4 flight stack (while flashing, tick the advanced check box, then pick beta). Re-do the airframe setup. Let us know what you end up with.

Charger, I use the X4R-SB myself. Can you post a picture of how you have it connected?

Thanks,

Phil

Is anyone here using KISS ESCs? I set PWM_IDLE/PWM_MIN/PWM_MAX to 100/125/250 with the KISS ESCs in Oneshot125 mode. While disarmed the blue leds glow. When arming, the motors spin up to maximum speed for about 1 sec and then they stop and the ESCs even turn off the leds. Only with disarming they will start glowing again.

Iā€™m using the currect beta fw.

Radio calibration was successfulā€¦but sorryā€¦sensor calibration is asking for air speed sensor nowā€¦is there a way to turn that off?..I chose Lumenier QAV250 for frame type

SW: QGC 2.9.5
FW: PX4 beta