Pixhawk stm32f427vit6 replacement to rev. 3

Thanks @ksschwabe,
I trying test on STM32F407VGT6 before up on pixhawk.
Let me try with new bootload and new firmware.
Rgs
Reed

Dear Sir,
I upload bootloader px4fmuv2_bl.bin with address 0x08000000

and firmware ArduCopter-v2.bin ( rename from ArduCopter-v2.px4) with address 0x08004000.

and I connecting with QGC and/or Mission Planner with Uart via FTDI 232 but cann’t connect.
Note: Uart0: PB7,PB8, Uart1: PA2,PA3.
My FTDI232 connect with Pixhawk telem1,telem2,uart4/5 ok.
Please show me, what is my wrong ?
Thanks you.
Reed noel

@ReedNoel: I am confused as to what version of the Pixhawk you have.

The Pixhawk has an STM32F427 microcontroller (Device ID: 0x419). Your ST-Link utility says you are trying to flash a STM32F40x or STM32F41x (Device ID: 0x413). If you are flashing firmware that has been compiled for a different microcontroller, it will not work.

@ksschwabe,
Thanks you so much.
You mean, If I flash this bootloader and firmware same methol to pixhawk, Pixhawk will working ?
And let my search on internet how to build bootloader and firmware to STM32F407 ( for testing before upload to pixhawk. If I upload fail into pixhawk, I lost everthing.
Rgs
Reed Noel

@ksschwabe: Please help with pinout of Jtag, follow of picture is connect ?

Dear all,
huhuhhuhuhu
When I flash to IO with address 0x08000000 with IO Jtag : file px4io_bl.bin
and Flash to FMU with address 0x08000000 with MPU Jtag : file px4fmuv2_bl.bin
And after flash to FMU with address 0x08004000 with MPU Jtag : file ArduCopter-v2.bin ( rename from ArduCopter-v2.px4)

Now main Led not light and notice led:
FMU power : solid green led
FMU B/e : blinking red led
IO power : solid green led
IO B/E : solid red led
IO ACT: blinking blue led
Please show me, what wrong.
note : all bootload and firmware download from GitHub - ArduPilot/ardupilot: ArduPlane, ArduCopter, ArduRover, ArduSub source
Please see video atttached when flash main bootloader and firmware
1 - YouTube
Thanks so much.
Rgs
Reed Noel

I have just had a look at the ArduCopter-v2.px4, there is some script on the begining and the end of the file, I think this file is made to be flashed using a boot loader, you are using st-link to flash it, this method does not use the bootloader.
The file to flash with st-link has to be the binary code on it’s own without the script on the begining and the end, just renaming the file will not work.
Now that you have the bootloaders flashed you could try to connect your pixhawks uart2 to an ftdi adapter and then to a pc and try to use a mission planner or qgroundcontrol to flash the firmware.

Hi @gregswf,
You mean all the bootloader is correct ?
And Uart2 in pixhawk name telem2, is this right ?
Thanks for your support.
Reed

Did you flash both bootloaders? Did the st-link software confirm a successful write?

I think the only thing that is wrong is the firmware you are trying to flash with st-link

Please check this page
https://pixhawk.org/users/wiring#serial_ports

@gregswf: Thanks for your link,
But qgc or mission planner cann’t upload firmware via UART. It request usb.

Do you have a solution?
Rgs
Reed

Have you got your pixhawk powered and connected to an ftdi adapter and then to a usb port of your pc?

https://m.banggood.com/FT232RL-FTDI-USB-To-TTL-Serial-Converter-Adapter-Module-For-Arduino-p-917226.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc_elc&utm_campaign=ds-diy-ar-mb&utm_content=mandy&gclid=Cj0KCQjwq7XMBRCDARIsAKVI5Qa6iStrX78X18AgPWcmzzb5uDBaYA7imPWsfB_gSL7LxiVUcwRUj3AaAqPFEALw_wcB

Dear Sir,
Yes, I have FTDI and it working when I connect with pixhawk ( before upload bootloader and firmware) for setting pixhawk.

Reed

Did it work for connecting with the mission planner or qgroundcontrol?
Or did it work for flashing firmware?
Before you flashed it with st-link?

Yes, before it working, I connected it to telem1, make config telemtry for telem2, because default is osd 56700, so my telemetry is esp8266, with baudrate 921600.

Can you try to connect it to the st-link, then do chip erase and then flash the bootloader, and do not flash the arducopter file, just the bootloader, then try to flash with mission planner or qgc.
If this all fails then you maight want to look at this.

https://dev.px4.io/en/setup/building_px4.html

I have never done it so I can’t help you with this one.

Can you upload photos of your damaged usb?
Maybe it can be repaired?

@gregswf,
I can’t repair, because damage driver usb.

and a diy cable usb from usb cable ( i see nano usb wiring direct to external usb) but same error .

Reed

@ReedNoel: I am not sure of the pinout of the JTAG connectors. You will have to buzz-test them with a multimeter to work out where pin 1 is on the connector. (I don’t actually have a Pixhawk board, so I can’t check this myself, sorry… :disappointed:)