Mavros/local_position topics not appearing using vision

Hello,

I am trying to use visual odometry (using an Otus tracker: Otus Tracker) with the PX4 running LPE.
I am not managing to fuse the data as the mavros/local_position topics are not being published.

I am currently using the topics, which are properly publishing,
mavros/vision_pose/pose_cov
mavros/vision_speed/speed_twist
and have set the vision_speed/listen_twist to true. Also, in the QGroundControl I have modified the parameters LPE_FUSION to 4 (so it fuses with vision position) and ATT_EXT_HDG_M to 1.

After all these, the following topics
/mavros/local_position/odom
/mavros/local_position/pose
/mavros/local_position/velocity
have nothing published on them.
Pixhawk 2.1 with firmware v1.8.0 is being used.

I wold appreciate any kind of help or feedback if anyone has encountered the same issue or knows how to solve it.

@MPujol Have you checked the connection between the flight controller and the computer running ROS? Can you receive other topics?

@Jaeyoung-Lim Yes, I am receiving, for example, mavros/imu/data.

@MPujol In that case, it means you have connetion to the flight controller. That’s good.

Have you checked if mavros is receiving your published vision topics correctly? if not, check if the frame_id and sys_id is set properly

I am not familiar with the OTUS tracker, but I believe the application is more suited to use the mocap topic

Try using the mocap_pose_estimate topic. You can get the information at the mavros_extras wiki page

@Jaeyoung-Lim Seeing that I can’t manage to do it with vision, I am implementing it with mocap atm. However, even though I have modified ATT_EXT_HDG_M to Mocap in the QGroundControl, mavros is not subscribing to mavros/mocap/pose

Okay @Jaeyoung-Lim, managed to do it with mocap. Looks like that, somehow, I put mocap to the blacklist in px4_pluginlists.yaml.
Thank you very much for your help and sorry for the double reply.

I am having a similar problem. I have created a new issue. Can somebody help me please? #1248

Please don’t necro bump, same thing here.