Eagle_default vs eagle_legacy_default

Hi all,

I’ve searched and searched and haven’t been able to find a good answer to this. Can someone outline the differences between the eagle_default and the eagle_legacy_default make targets?

My understanding is that the legacy build is used to build with proprietary drivers provided by Intrinsyc for the Qualcomm ESC board. However, it was my understanding that the Qualcomm ESC board is required for use with the Snapdragon Flight? If that is the case, then why are there two options? If that is not the case, what other ESC options are there for Snapdragon development?

Further, the ATLFlight git organization has their own forked copy of the PX4 firmware, and their documentation provides very different instructions on how to install PX4 than is given in the official PX4 development docs (on dev.px4.io). Why are there two different options, and why would I choose one option over the other?

Thanks for your help!

Hi Greg,

We’re working with Qualcomm to take down those confusing parallel paths. They’re not supported and you will end up with a stale version of PX4 lacking critical fixes for estimators and controllers that went into master since.

-Lorenz

Lorenz,

Thanks for your reply. Our team purchased and has been using the Qualcomm ESC board because it was our understanding that that was the only way to use the Snapdragon, since the Snapdragon only has UART outputs and not PWM outputs. Is this not the case?

What should we do if we need to use the ESC board? We weren’t able to get anything started using the up-to-date PX4 repo, but we also don’t want to miss out on critical bug fixes and performance improvements. Can our fork of the master PX4 repo be modified to work with the Qualcomm ESC board?

Thanks for your help

Greg