Any help installing PSP + PX4 on Ubuntu 16.04?

Hello everyone,
I am a total noob to px4, psp, and the pixhawk altogether, so I apologize in advance for any dumb mistakes or questions. I recently joined a school project where we are using a pixhawk1 and want to load code onto it via simulink → psp → px4.

Using Ubuntu 16.04 and MATLAB ‘16b, I am following the “Simulink Pixhawk Support v2.1” pdf document to guide the installation of the psp and px4 toolchain. I am having lots of trouble getting this to work, as I feel the majority of the installation steps are primarily for Windows installations. I have chosen to go with Ubnutu, given that the psp website states that windows builds are no longer working.

When I went through the installation steps applicable to the Linux psps installation, I am supposed to arrive at a a point where the psp toolbox gets placed in my MATLAB/toolbox directory. After The psp toolbox is in th ematlab directory, I ashould be able to interact with the psp blocks and browse the example models that came with the psp installation.

My installation included running the commands as stated in the pdf document (with some really minor chnages, since it threw errors):

#recommended from install guide
sudo usermod -a -G dialout $USER
#install CMakeand other px4 tools
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:george-edison55/cmake-3.x -y
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install python-argparse git-core wget zip \
python-empy qtcreator CMake build-essential genromfs -y
# simulation tools
sudo apt-get install ant protobuf-compiler libeigen3-dev libopencv-dev openjdk-8-jdk
openjdk-8-jre clang-3.5 lldb-3.5 -y
#recommended from install guide
sudo apt-get remove modemmanager
sudo apt-get update
#Get python
sudo apt-get install python-serial openocd \
flex bison libncurses5-dev autoconf texinfo build-essential \
libftdi-dev libtool zlib1g-dev
#Get GCC ARM Compiler version 4.8
pushd .
cd ~
wget https://launchpadlibrarian.net/186124160/gcc-arm-none-eabi-4_8-2014q3-20140805-
linux.tar.bz2
tar -jxf gcc-arm-none-eabi-4_8-2014q3-20140805-linux.tar.bz2exportline="export PATH=$HOME/gcc-arm-none-eabi-4_8-2014q3/bin:\$PATH"
if grep -Fxq "$exportline" ~/.profile; then echo nothing to do ; else echo $exportline
>> ~/.profile; fi
. ~/.profile
Popd
#Get 32-bit libraries
sudo apt-get install libc6:i386 libgcc1:i386 gcc-4.8-base:i386 libstdc++5:i386
libstdc++6:i38

After running these commands, I cloned the git repo:

to my home dir ./~
I then go into the ~ dir and build it using :

make px4fmu-v2_default

This builds me the firmware in that same directory that allows me to upload to the pixhawk, but it never installs anything to my matlab directory (nor does it ask me for a dir to install to).

The steps that follow in the pdf, it is assumed that the PSP’s firmware should be installed to my MATLAB directory, under “toolboxes”.

I installed (as recommended in the odc) the following package:
sudo apt-get install python python-tk

Which was supposed to open a window asking me where to place the psp firmware.

Did I miss something? Why didn’t anything install to my MATLAB toolboxes?
Any help would be appreciated everybody. Im banging my head over this one non-stop.