Aerial Choreography with Pixhawk

Hello,

Thanks to Pixhawk, I was able to finish to develop a swarming flight system for aerial choreography.

Specially, I created new scenario for X-mas ~~

Special version for X maxs:

Full Version:

I hope to contribute some codes which I develop for the system like RTK-GPS driver. However I don’t know where to put the driver code. in GPS driver? or other ?

3 Likes

Great video! :slight_smile:

Thank you very much :slight_smile:

Great!!! How did you do that? How did you control the flight sequence?

Thank you for your interest.

I used px4 to make drones and I use a laptop computer to control drones.

For the flight sequence, I use the reserved scenario.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

SungTae Moon

Hello, amazing work!
A question about technical aspects: have you used GPS Rtk for precise positioning and “standard” mission or a local position estimation referred to a GPS position?

Thanks

Hello Omar,

I have used RTK-GPS and use offboard mode for the swarm flight.

Thanks

Best Regards,
SungTae Moon

Hi @stmoon

Thanks for sharing this amazing work. I have few questions.

1. Can you share the drone components you used?
  2. Did you use position or velocity control in OFFBOARD mode?
  3. Most importantly, what is your communication architecture ? How are all drones communicating with the ground station?
  4. Are you using ROS?

Thanks in advance.

@stmoon Very cool! We’re currently integrating different higher-end RTK solutions - I assume you have you seen this entry-level RTK solution?

https://docs.px4.io/en/gps_compass/rtk_gps.html

Hi @LorenzMeier,

Unfortunately, when I developed this system a few years ago, I didn’t see the entry-level solution. :frowning:
However, if you need my contribution , I’m always ready to contribute it in case of the RTK-GPS

Thanks,

Best Regards,
SungTae Moon

Hi, @Mzahana

Sorry for too late reply.

1. Can you share the drone components you used?
    –> Actually, I transfer the technology to one company. So I cannot share entire system. However I’m contributing minor system.

2. Did you use position or velocity control in OFFBOARD mode?
    –> yes,

3. Most importantly, what is your communication architecture ? How are all drones communicating with the ground station?
    –> I just used WiFi. very simple but I reduced the amount of the communication to cover all drones. Now the amount of communication is almost constant even though the number of drone is increased.

4. Are you using ROS?
    –> Not yet

Thanks
Best Regards,
SungTae Moon

Thanks @stmoon. What type of communication hardware are you using and what range do you get?

Hi, I just use WiFi. (Digi Wifi module) :wink: